Find the Help You Need!


Google
 

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Site Changes, For Those Who Care.

In order to give my blog more credibility, I've opted to use my semi-real name and "professionalize" up my blog a bit.

First, the short version of the sorted history of the name DopyIII, a handle by which I'm known by at multiple places on the Internet. I've never danced with Mary Jane, or anything like that, so the "Dopy" is not because I'm doped or a moron (although, opinions differ).

Back in my college days, one my roommates had a computer with the HP Mopy Fish screensaver. Well, he thought that it looked a little bit "dopey", so he named his first fish "Dopy". Well, that fish died over the Christmas break, so he needed a new fish, which he called DopyII. About that time, I needed a nickname/handle to play Yahoo! Games, so I chose DopyIII. Of course, it would have been cooler to think up some kind of cool name, but that's what I got stuck with for the next 10 years.

I'm unwilling to provide any additional personal information on the web, but for the purposes of my blog, I'm happy to share my semi-real name, Dave; all in the name of credibility.

Also, since I'm not photogenic and never could decide on a good avatar, I was very happy to see the SimpsonizeMe and associated "manual" Simpsons avatar creator websites. The avatar I've put on my blog is actually a pretty good representation of me.

Finally, if you really feel driven to contact me for some reason, here's my email (displayed courtesy of Nexodyne's E-Mail Icon Generator):


So there ya go.

Dave

No comments: